Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Trio of Poems

Three poems written the night of 10.8.04 in a Poetry Tag Group room

 

 

 Memories Passed  (extended Haiku)


 Was it ever Spring?
 T
he petals opened and fell
 
before I noticed.
 
Did you say goodbye?
 
I turned around to kiss you
 and inhaled your scent.
 
Was yesterday here
 
while I lingered in the past
 musing tomorrows?
                

 

 


Absolute Silence  (free verse)


 Nothing  you said actually made sense
    
the language was familiar and the tone unabrasive

 yet it slid past me,
 
like a lazy breeze  on a perfect  day...
 My hearing is fine, my cognitive skills are normal...
  
 
something else is wrong....or, maybe not...

 Occurs to me.....In the house around  the corner 
    they play acid rock all day, which I dislike, and so.... I tune it out
 
It's a survival skill.
 Y
et some times  I wonder if the lyrics aren't embedded, somewhere deep,
 etched in my brain,
waiting to scream out at any unsuspecting person,
 who should unluckily annoy me...

 
 Once ,long ago I read   that Mozart has a certain effect,
     
     on sleeping patterns, creativity and studying ability, 
 
I can believe this.
 
God only knows ,the moment you speak, I'm in a trance.
  If I listened, to what  you actually said, I'd gag..
So I suppose, I actually don't hear you .
  My defenses are well honed....

 .
  Yes, I'm a survivior ....without an island...
  
      no competition,
and absolutley no million dollar prize.
 And that's fine.
 We sink, or swim.
 
I drown out your  din, and a world of disorder, hoping it doesn't seep in...
 
I concentrate on what matters most, and try to listen
   
 to the 
absolute silence of my soul.

 

 

   My Hearts Done Time

      Looks deceive and
      innocence is lost
      despite shining eyes.
      Pain can exist
      despite soothing climes ..
     
Lust is not always ...an affliction.
 
.
     
Tears can scar
     
in  hidden places.
     
      Eyes will never see
      
the aching  traces . 
      L
oves' ecstasy 
      
sears into the veins
      and trust, is  left lurking afar...
 

      Watch your step.
      Don't follow shallow 
      prints along my spine
      M
y backs not broken but
      my hearts done time
      
I'm working on a barefoot grin
      and beginning again.
 

No comments: