Pages

Monday, February 7, 2005

Sunshine of an Ordinary Day

    tag poem, unedited, topic by  GiAudr
 

 
  Evenings pass so slowly
 
when   winter owns the days...
  
frosted windows and feelings
  
howling winds...
  
I feel the urge to sleep
  
the moment  darkness falls...
  
to sleep ,and escape
  and hope
 
to visit  dreams

  Crumbs of yesterdays thoughts
 
clinging to my sticky hands.
  P
aint chips on the table
  
waiting choice....
  Orange juice and rainbows

  a childlike war on gray-
  
recreating the sweet sunshine
  
of an ordinary day.

  
Clutter piles upon the shelving
 
while I wait for it to fall.
 
Linens badly needing washing
 
crumpled by the wall...
 
and the night arrives again-
  
still the walls are shadowed dark.
 
My  inertia is my path
  
winter, my excuse.
 

 

No comments: