Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

My Little Boy in Pain

  
   Painting : Mother and Child #33 ©Carol Aust, 2003

 

      Cracked and weakened,
     
the voice of a child
    
peaked through the teenage facade:
    " Mommy, come get me..."


     Pain  a reality unreal to a boy,
     invincible in his own mind, 

      
caught in the crux of misery, blinding...
     "Mommy, come help me.".
        

      Yesterday's of do it yourself
      
and unbridled independence
     
slide into oblivion in one sentence:
     "Mommy , it hurts"
 


      A loving hand works wonders 
      to alleviate the worry
      while ignoring the tears
I must not see...
      "Mommy, is it broken?"


      All his life, will ever be the same...
      one instant grown, another
young again, 
      
to my "little boy", in pain
      I'll forever be "Mommy".
   

      ©Dreamsbyday

No comments: